Choosing the Right Stack for You in 2021: Full-Stack vs MEAN Stack vs MERN Stack
We need a stack of different technologies to develop applications like the web, and mobile applications evolve daily. However, there exists a lot of confusion in choosing the right stack for custom app development.
So, let's have a look at the below article:
What is Stack?
The technical term stack defines a combination of compatible technologies and programming languages. Usually, there are two types of technology stacks. One is the technology stack, and the other one is the application stack. In the case of software development, it is a cross-disciplinary approach.
This article will go through three of the most popular technology stacks, their functionality, and the characteristics that make them ideal for your business.
How to select the right stack?
You should consider these below factors while choosing the right stack:
- The requirements to accomplish your project
- Need for agility
- To attract a better audience, is there any necessity of exceeding beyond your project requirements?
- Do your company possess a knowledgeable team or expert in this software field?
- Know the actual cost of the project development
- Do your team is reliable and scalable to work with?
Here, we are going to discuss the most obvious answer to these questions below. Let's dive a little deep to know about Full-Stack vs MEAN Stack vs MERN Stack.
Full-stack contains four critical software solutions, and they are as follows:
- Mobile app
The demand for a skilled developer with the other technologies is high on the rise. The below are some of the main competencies:
Python, PHP, NodeJS, Express.JS, GO, Django etc.
MongoDB, SQLite, MySQL, Postgres, Clusters etc.
Android and iOS
CI/CD pipelines, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) creation
Generally, a full-stack developer is committed to handling the project design structure. Also, if it is required, developers can easily switch the development process or roles. They easily find errors and know in this particular field. So, it will be appropriate to choose a full stack developer for the small and mid-sized industries.
Benefits of Full stack:
- Easily switch between frontend and backend development, if required.
- A full tack developer hiring is Cost-effective.
- Upgradation of current tools and technology is easy and flexible to move from one to another task.
- Quickly understands the required development of a project
- The best option for small enterprises
MEAN Stack Development
MEAN Stack Components
Database used for data storage in the form of JSON files- Document-based NoSQL
Back-end web app that operates on Node.js
Front-end web framework that operates on the JS code in the browser of the user
Benefits of MEAN Stack
- Maintain the complete web development cycle from the frontend to the backend
- To keep mobile app development coordinated, it avoids redundant grunt activities.
- The MVC architecture always helps to accelerate the process of development smoothly.
- An open-source framework with the 4 best and exceptional technologies
- Provides a built-in extensive tool testing suite
MERN Stack Development
Open-source, document-based database
It is an efficient and compact web framework used for Node.js
Benefits of MERN Stack
- Open-source framework with the four excellent technologies
- Supports the whole web development cycle from frontend to backend with JS
- MVC architecture provides a seamless and straightforward development process
- It has a built-in suite for testing tools
Essential factors while taking the decision: -
- Enterprise-level project-MEAN Stack
- Third-party Support-MEAN Stack
- UI Essentials-MERN framework
- For the Large-scale applications-MEAN stack
- Niche Project-MERN stack
In the web development industry, there is no such concept as a perfect stack. To choose the right stack, you must first consider the project's requirements and the optimal budget.